Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bunting icing cookies



I stopped by my favorite shop, "Watashi No Heya" in Okinawa city the other day.  It was one of my favorite stores in Tokyo, so I was happy to find it in Okinawa :).  I wish they had more Japanese dishes.

It's been while since I went there but...I couldn't find the store.  It was all gone!!  Have it moved to a new place? 
I called the store and it turned out that they just moved a block away from where they used to be.  It's little bit bigger than it used be and was wondering around the sore.  Then I found a paper pompom there.  I like paper pompom!  But they are so easy to make (here is how to make)......who would spend money on something you can make??

Then I went to my favorite bakery store near by.. called Zazou...but the most of pastries were gone by then.  They sell the most of goodies by evening.  Then I saw that they are also selling the handmade bunting!  I spoke to myself again that it's easy to make... am I too cheap??

So cheap me didn't buy anything and came home!
The magazine I bought this month also had articles about bunting and paper pompom!  It shows how to make buntings:)


Buntings are cute in kids room and birthday functions!  Also bunting would be beautiful decoration for wedding ceremonies!


But I somehow can't take out the image of bunting...in Himarayas to play for safe climbing!!


Wedding!  The lace buntings are cute!!  Looks like I can try too!  These circle laces are something I saw in my grand parents house...under the ashtray for no reasons :)



Knitted buntings are cute too!  Like gramma made!
You can buy it!

http://www.candystripecloud.com.au/granny-square-crocheted-bunting-854.html

This is how you can make these...

http://lilley.typepad.com/lilley/2010/07/crochet-granny-bunting-a-pattern.html

Buntings are super cute with vintage clothes..  This is good store that you can but a set of cute clothes to make buntings!  They ship to Japan :) 

http://mypoppet.bigcartel.com/product/make-your-own-vintage-bunting-kit


There is a handmade bunting contest!

http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/16/diy-bunting

http://www.radiancelighting.co.uk/designers/kaye-blegvad/feather-garland.html


Now I wanted to make cute bunting cookies for cake decorations.
Here is how you can make it.  It's super easy.  No need cookie cutters!  Anybody can make it!

Roll out the cookie dough little thinner than usual.
You won't need cookie cutters.  Just make two lines by knife and cut in pieces to make triangles like picture below!



Just place few triangles and place the string on it.  Any cotton strings are good to use.  I should have used a colored cotton string!  I didn't think about it until I finished decorating.


Then cover it over with other triangle cookies (gently pressed a bit) like Sandwich.



Now, you can bake them as usual!

When cookies are cooled enoguh, you can do icing on it.  When one side iss completely dried, you can flip them over to decorate the other side if you want.


Cut the two straws then cut out the top little bit to get the string to hook and tight.

Now you can put it on the cake to decorate like bunting!!
How cute is that?



Here is the recipe book for decorating rolled cake.



Just wrapped bunting cookies are cute and fun.  You won't need to decorate them on a cake.  Kids will have fun to eat the with string.


No comments:

Post a Comment