Thursday, August 8, 2013

Macrobiotic Spicy Lemonade Recipe

I buy domestic lemons when I find them in a market and take off the wax and put them in my freezer:)


I don't see the organic, non-waxed lemons in Okinawa...but did you know that you can take the wax off easily?
I found how to take it off in the website of Kewpie company:)

//How to take off the wax from lemon//
Use some salt to wash lemon or put it in hot water and wash it well.

It's so hot in Okinawa and I made some cold macrobiotic spicy lemonade and would like to share it with you :)

//Macrobiotic Spicy Lemonade Recipe//
Lemon grass 2-3
Green papper 1
Black pepper 4-5 (whole)
Pinchi of Cinamon 
Pinch of Cayenne pepper
Frozen lemon 2-3
Grounded ginger 1 tea spoon
Maple syrup 3 tbl spoon
Water 700cc
Mint
(You can add your favorite herbs like cardamon, clove)


1.  Bring the water to a boil with chopped lemon grass and chill it.

2.  Greate whole frozen lemons.


3. Mix all ingredients well and add the cooled water (with lemon grass).  Don't put too much spices, always better to taste/try some and add more as you like.


4.  I added fresh mint and red currant this time.  Pour the lemonade to the carafe with some ice and drink it up!  I use the lemon grass as a cocktail stirrer since there will be many grated lemon at the bottom of the glass :)



It's hot outside, but I would like to have this spicy lemonade outside, watching beautiful sunset in Okinawa:)


No comments:

Post a Comment