Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bitter melon pickles and Okinawan spicy flavoring

The sun is so strong in Okinawa and I feel like the sunlight is burning my skin!!
Now it's the season for bitter melon, Goya and Okinawan chili peppers!

Huge bitter melons were brought by my co-worker at work.  They are so huge!!!  I wish I had a field that I can get fresh vegetable...but I guess I don't want to burn my skin any more...


My friend sent me a message "I just went to the farmer's market and got you chili peppers!"
How nice!

My other friend sent me a text message the other day, " hey, got you your favorite Tofu.  Just stop by whenever you can".
I love these mails :)

I've been wanted to make Okinawan spicy flavoring, KOHREI GUSU since I red about it in my friend's blog !  The recipe is here.

I used a good Awamori this time, so it should be a real good taste!  Can't wait!


I made bitter melon pickles with Japanese ginger Myoga.  I love Japanese ginger pickles.  It's the taste of summer!

I brought some of my pickles to my friends:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment