Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Leftover Icing?



No matter how many times I made icing cookies...I never be able to make just right portion of royal icing and get leftover.  Every time!  Once you made royal icing, you can keep it for about a month in good condition, but it dries fast and I like to use the fresh icing on cookies (it's easier to pipe), so I basically just dump it when I have leftover icing..or maybe keep it for a day or two if I have another project to work with.
But if you have some leftover icing, I recommend you to make some small pieces...like I made some small bares and present boxes for Christmas cookies.


      Here is my older posts
They are super easy and you can keep them for another cookie decorations.

Here is how you can do;


1.  Tape the non-stick baking paper on the desk (so that it won't move when you pipe on it)

2.  Pipe a first round for a bare face

3.  Add two ears

4. Then body...and pipe a little white for bare white belly (you can see a little white belly in my Christmas lease bares!)

5. Add arms and legs...and it's almost done!

6. Add two little black eyes and let it dry for a while.  They come out easily once they are dried.




You can start from body or ears...whatever you like to do.
And it doesn't have to be a perfect shape...it's a friendly bare.
You can use a greay icing for Koara and you can also make a Panda and rabit:)
It's a lot easier if you make little bigger bares.  I somehow ended up making so small beares every time I try.

I made some small roses on the other side.  It's super easy too.  Use the flower pipe sleep (mine is Wilton 16) and start from the middle...then make it circle.  That's it.  Super easy. 

Here is my tip.  Think abou the clock.  Start from middle of the clock.  Then go round from about 4 oclock, go round, stop piping at 12 oclock yet keep moving until 6 oclock and gently release.  Easy, huh?



I made those roses, bares, pandas and rabbits not because I had leftover.  It's because I will have a special little girls for my Valentien cookie workshop next month :)  My three little neiboughers want to make some Valentine cookies with me!
I was thinking something easy icing class for little kids.  I am thinking to decorate the cookies with those little parts.  It should be so much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment